Electronic Online System for Industrial Property Documents
In order to promote an efficient, timely, secure and convenient method for receiving and dispatching documents regarding industrial property in electronic form, I issue this Practice Direction regarding the Electronic Online System for the Intellectual Property Office of Trinidad and Tobago (“the Office”) with effect from the 3rd day of October, 2022. This Practice Direction replaces the former Practice Direction dated the 27th day of March, 2020.
Electronic Online System
The electronic online system enables the Office to offer full online services to users and is facilitated by:
- WIPO File account creation;
- The electronic filing of all Trade Mark documents through WIPO File available under the Online Services Menu;
- All other electronic filings through email@example.com;
- firstname.lastname@example.org is discontinued only for trade mark documents but remains in effect for electronic filings for all other forms of industrial property;
- Industrial property forms are available on our website under the online services menu; and
- Online payment services available via iGovtt which can be accessed on our website under the online services menu.
Further guidelines for the filing of documents using the Electronic Online System
- The Office will first create a WIPO File account upon the request of a user and the approval by the Office. All electronic signatures will be accepted including but not limited to Authorization of Agents, and Certified Copies of documents.
- All correspondence by the Office will be dispatched to the e-mail addresses of the users registered with the WIPO File account.
- Users are encouraged to visit the Office’s website to access industrial property forms and utilize the online payment services available via iGovtt.
- This Practice Directive shall remain in force until further notice.
For the signed copy of this Practice Direction please click here.
Please see our tutorial on how to submit post filing documents via WIPO File.
Please create a WIPO account in my name – Hema Manchoon. I am the Legal Officer for AP Scott Trinidad Limited
Hi Hema, Please send your request to email@example.com if you have not done so already.
please create a wipo accounmt in my name varsha ramlogan, Ravima’s Beauty
Hi Varsha Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a WIPO File account.
Hi I applied for a WIPO Account and I followed the link given to me via email to follow the steps in obtaining the WIPO Account…now I am trying to log into my account it is telling me that the password is incorrect and does not allow me to change it…what should I do?
Please send us an email to email@example.com that contains your username from the email associated with your WIPO File account and we will reset your password.