Electronic Online System for Industrial Property Documents
In order to promote an efficient, timely, secure and convenient method for receiving and dispatching documents regarding industrial property in electronic form, I issue this Practice Direction regarding the electronic online system for the Intellectual Property Office of Trinidad and Tobago (“the Office”) with effect from Tuesday 31st March 2020.
Application of the Practice Direction
This Practice Direction applies to all forms of industrial property. The electronic online system does NOT replace the existing services of the Office, but operates in tandem with these services. Should the Office be forced to operate remotely, the operations will continue through the electronic online system.
Electronic Online System
The electronic online system enables the Office to offer full online services to users and is facilitated by:
- WIPO File account creation;
- Electronic Trade Mark application filings through WIPO File available under the Online Services Menu on http://ipo.gov.tt;
- All other electronic filings through firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Industrial property forms available via http://ipo.gov.tt/general/all-forms/; and
- Online payment services available via iGovtt (http://payment.ipo.gov.tt).
Guidelines for the filing of documents using the Electronic Online System through email@example.com
- The Office will first create a WIPO File account upon the request of a user and the approval by the Office. All correspondence filed by users through firstname.lastname@example.org must be properly captioned. All electronic signatures will be accepted including but not limited to Authorization of Agents, and Certified Copies of documents.
- All correspondence by the Office will be dispatched to the e-mail addresses of the users registered with the WIPO File account.
- Users are encouraged to visit the Office’s website to access industrial property forms and utilize the online payment services available via iGovtt.
- This Practice Directive shall remain in force until further notice.
For the signed copy of this Practice Direction please click here.