Electronic Online System for Industrial Property Documents
In order to promote an efficient, timely, secure and convenient method for receiving and dispatching documents regarding industrial property in electronic form, I issue this Practice Direction regarding the Electronic Online System for the Trinidad and Tobago Intellectual Property Office (“the Office”) with effect from the 4th day of December, 2023. This Practice Direction updates the former Practice Direction dated the 27th day of March, 2020.
Electronic Online System
The electronic online system enables the Office to offer full online services to users and is facilitated by:
- WIPO File account creation;
- The electronic filing of all documents regarding Trade Marks, Patents and Industrial Designs through WIPO File available under the Online Services Menu;
- All other electronic filings through firstname.lastname@example.org;
- email@example.com is discontinued for all documents regarding Trade Marks, Patents and Industrial Designs but remains in effect for electronic filings for all other forms of industrial property (Geographical Indications, Integrated Circuits and New Plant Varieties);
- Industrial property forms are available on our website under the online services menu; and
- Online payment services available via iGovtt which can be accessed on our website under the online services menu.
Further guidelines for the filing of documents using the Electronic Online System
- The Office will first create a WIPO File account upon the request of a user and the approval by the Office. All electronic signatures will be accepted including but not limited to Authorization of Agents, and Certified Copies of documents.
- All correspondence by the Office will be dispatched to the e-mail addresses of the users registered with the WIPO File account.
- Users are encouraged to visit the Office’s website to access industrial property forms and utilize the online payment services available via iGovtt.
- This Practice Directive shall remain in force until further notice.
For the signed copy of this Practice Direction please click here.
Please see our tutorial on how to submit post filing documents via WIPO File.